Chinese Crispy Chicken Recipes(中国脆皮鸡)
A couple of you have asked me how you can cook the dish: “Crispy Chicken(Cui Pi Ji)” as in Chinese Restaurant here. I can only say: sorry. I have not eaten this in China like here in the Asia Restaurant.
But I want to show you how we cook a “Crispy Chicken” in China. This dish is a whole chicken that is served without the sauce, without the vegetables. In China, eating is not just a meal, but different dishes together.
If you want to cook like in the Asia restaurant, you can taste it like this: cook the “脆皮 鸡 (cuìpí jī) – Chinese Crispy Chicken” to my recipe and cut it into pieces; then cook the desired vegetables as well as this sauce: 黑 胡椒 牛柳 (hēihújiāo niúliǔ) – beef strips-in-pepper sauce; then serve together.
I do not cook a lot of fried food in the United States (have to take care of my character ). But now I’m thinking about buying a fryer.
In China, I cooked just like gas cookers. And it is normal when the smell of deep-frying in the whole kitchen even goes to the apartment. I never thought of a fryer.
Do you have a good recommendation? Please write to me in the comments below! I will really look forward to it! Many Thanks!
Do not forget, follow me on social media. If you have cooked something, I would be very happy to see it. Then share it with me on social media!
- ½ tablespoon garam
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan pepper powder
- 3 sendok makan white rice vinegar
- 3 sendok makan of normal rice vinegar
- 2 sendok makan honey
Ingredients pepper-salt mixture
Ingredients crispy marinade
- Wash the chicken. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Hold the chicken by the neck with one hand over the pot. The chicken should not stand in the boiling water but only stay over the water. Cover the chicken with boiling water with a wooden spoon with the other hand.
- Take away the hoes. Fry the chicken in the vegetable oil over medium heat (about 150 degrees) for 15 - 20 minutes until the skin gets a golden-brown color. The exact heat is different for each stove. The skin of the chicken should be crispy in the end, but not too dry. When frying it is better than the chicken is almost completely in the oil. You can also use a little less oil, but when frying always with a wooden spoon pour the hot oil on the chicken.
The chicken fits very well with rice, nor a dish with vegetables or salad.